View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 5, 2016, 11:18 PM

Shannon,

I had my transplant almost 2 years ago and only in the past 3 months have had my platelets rise above 60k. They are now at about 275k. I had been fighting gvhd and a few infections, but none of them at what was considered a "clinical" level, meaning that i did not have any real proof of more than a level one gvhd anywhere. About 3 months ago, i was in the hospital treating pneumonia, and i think that one of the combinations of antibiotics finally knocked all of the junk out of my system, and since then my platelets have been on a steady march forward. Prior to three months ago, I had not had more than 60k platelets since 2 years prior to diagnosis, which would mean 7 years ago.

keep an eye on the platelet levels, but the big thing is to make sure they are stable and not declining and that there aren't any other factors contributing to lower numbers, such as other medications or dietary factors. The other thing that happened about 3 months ago is that we started dropping some of the medications, including voriconazole.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.