View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 6, 2016, 01:07 PM

Hi Shannon - I am about 120 days post transplant - My platelets had been rising until I developed GVHD about two months ago - at that time they started dropping and I started taking a lot of prednisone - the GVHD improved but after tapering the prednisone they reached a stalemate. They started me on Rituxin and after four treatments the GVHD is almost gone and they are continuing to taper the prednisone. - my platelets are still hovering around 20-

My doctor thinks the GVHD is consuming the platelets - and expects them to start rising I think once the GVHD is gone - which will hopefully be soon. I'm also on mycohenolate - which my doctor has said could also be suppressing my counts - (not sure if he meant all counts or just RBC) and he plans to start taking me of that was soon as the prednisone is tapered to around 20mg per day.

Hope that helps,

Best wishes
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015