View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 14, 2010, 08:15 PM

Lori, Dr. Cripe is who I saw at IU Med Center. I guess I don't know the questions to ask, I had 2 BMB's 21 days apart and he did say that he didn't feel that either was a really good measure of how to proceed. He said, I think, that he would probably repeat the test in the next 3 months. So far I know that MDS is what I have and my blood tests are not very good but not real critical yet, so I guess I will just wait and see what the blood tests show. As you know it is a very scary time and I seem to be full of questions. Sounds like you are headed into a very big step of this disease, why did you take chemotherapy and what do you call remission. If I'm asking too many questions just tell me. I am so eager to get some facts from someone going thru this. I have MDS w/5 q deletion and my WBC and platlets are both very low. I have had several iron infusions over several years and that has improved my hemoglobin count but They told me that this doesn't have anything to do with MDS. I really need to make a list of questions and make another app't. I'm so.......glad to find someone to talk to.