View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 15, 2015, 11:49 AM

new to forum and need help in mds raeb 2

Hello from Chennai, India.. My mom who is 52 was initially diagnosed with myeloproliferative disorder in June 2013... And she was on hydroxyurea tabs for about a year and suddenly last month she started experiencing extreme weakness and heart beating fast and severe coughing .. After a blood test it was revealed that her blood count had gone to 5 and had a couple of blood transfusions ... After that she felt a little better and then we had another bone marrow test done... Now the report says her disorder has transformed into mds raeb 2 and the haematologist here says its aml and has started her first chemo session with vidaza and dacogen... All of us including ny mom are completely shattered...

Now my doubts here are, I want to know the prognosis for this condition and also if chemo is helpful.. Doc has suggest a bone marrow transfer if required also... I love my mom to bits and cannot think of a world without her.. She is just 52 and has not enjoyed anything yet in life.. I want to know how many years do ppl with such conditions live... Someone pls give me more confidence that she will live longer.. Pls give me more knowledge and information about her condition.. Has anyone here been in this situation ??

Eagerly waiting to see all your positive responses ..

Harini

Last edited by ilovemymom : Thu Jan 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: gramatical mistske