View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 7, 2008, 10:07 PM

I am still taking neupogen. I tried to get off completely last year and my anc dropped very low, so I restarted. Now I am taking it 1X per week but sometimes my anc still drops pretty low, to about .300. If it gets that low, I usually take a second shot per week to build it back up. My local doctor usually goes along with whatever I want to do. But I have to talk to Dr. Brodsky to get a recommedation of what to do. Between the two of them, I feel like I'm just floundering along with no clear plan. Perhaps I should go off the neupogen and this time just wait and see if my white count will drop all the way down and then start working on it's own. I get nervous when it goes down below .500. That's my problem with that plan. I'm seeing Dr. Brodsky in Februay. I'll talk to him then and see what he has to say.
Maggie (56 year old woman) diagnosed with severe AA in January 2006. Treated May 2006 with High Dose Cytoxin, Nov.2008 had BMT, both at John Hopkins. WBC & Platelets now normal, RBC near normal, still high ferritin level.