View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 17, 2009, 12:21 PM

It will get better!

I agree with all of the responses to your story thus far, especially the comments that the lousy way your Mom may be feeling is certainly due somewhat to the medications she is taking, and not necessarily the AA.

Post-ATg, she is probably taking more than just the cyclosporine. After my ATG, I was taking a blood pressure medication (because the Cyclo increased that) and Masgnesium (because the Cyclo decreased that), Prednisone (and we all know how that will make you feel), and something for the heartburn I felt from taking something like 30 pills a day.

It would take a page to list all of the side effects from those meds, and it wouldn't even take into account the AA symptoms.

What is most important, though, is that you all need to believe that her counts should slowly increase, and all of the extra meds will be decreased and/or discontinued, and the transfusions will become fewer and farther between. I hope that your Mom is feeling much better these days, and ready to enjoy the beautiful Fall in NJ. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like a sympathetic, or empathetic ear.