View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 26, 2014, 09:49 PM

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1001140957.htm

Ohio State University also discovered in 2012 that the DHA & EPA in fish oil lengthen Telomeres by reducing Interleukin 6 inflammation.

Also, if you google DHA, EPA, and cyclosporine together, it turns out that there are a ton of studies dating back to 1991 that show that taking fish oil with cyclosporine protects the kidneys from the effects of cyclosporine without degrading the immunosuppresant effect of the cyclosporine.

I wish it wasn't 7 months post ATG by the time I looked all of this up and found it out, but people's doctors don't know this. A lot of websites refer to taking cyclosporine and fish oil together but it is almost always Kidney transplant websites.

After talking to my son's doctor 4 weeks ago we added an EPA and DHA supplement derived from anchovies and sardines to his daily pills. It appears from research that marine-derived EPA & DHA works better than plant-derived EPA & DHA. She wasn't against it - her exact words were, "it can't hurt." He is receiving 640mg a day. It is not a huge dose but would come out to about 1g a day for an adult.