View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 21, 2017, 05:52 AM

Aplastic Anemia and Pregnancy

When i was 9 years old, Aplastic anemia happens to me. I was totally cured by Tata memorial hospial. Although i was just of 9 years in 1990, but i remember my treatment is done by some doctors names Dr. Padhak and Dr. Aiyer. Treatment was done by injections, i don't know name of injections, but today from internet i came to know this was ATG treatment. Treatment completed and my parents bring me back to my home but still my blood counts were not began to develop. But after 1 or 2 months blood counts starts develop by bone marrow and i was totally cured. Once again my BMA done it was normal at that time i was 10 years old. After that i never faced any problem related to my blood count. My CBC was done in 2010 that was perfectly normal TLC 8200 and Platelets 170000 when i was 28 years old. But in 2015 i gone to Gynologist because i can't concieve now my CBC test happen and i found Hb 7.8, TLC 2800 and Platelets 160000 At that time i was 32 years old. But now in 2015 i was shocked because i don't feel any problems in my body even with this CBC. I came to now my blood counts are normally less because i gone to gynee for some other reason.

Then one physician suggests to test B12, folate, but all were normal. Now doctor done BMA(Bone Marrow Analysis) and result is 30% cellularity. I ask to doctor is it again Aplastic Anemia after 24 years? Doctor answered "No" because normal cellularity is 30% to 70%, but you are still in range. She suggested some iron, multivitamins and folic acid for two or three months and CBC every month. I took medicines only one month after that every month CBC result was same TLC 2600 or 2800 and Plateletes always between 1.4 to 1.6 laks. Again in 2016 i gone to same physian to ask what to do. Then she suggested if these are stable not fallen, there is not a problem but you can consult with Hemotology.

Now after hearing all story and seeing all tests results with BMA. Hemotology doctor suggests same medicines and told sometimes Aplastic Anemia comes back but in your case time gap is around 24 years and still your blood counts are stable not falling, just take these medicines 2 or 3 months and test CBC in every 1 or 2 months you are safe, it is not Apalastic anemia.

But Now my question is Can i go for pregnancy? How much percent is chances of relapse AA in my case.