View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 27, 2009, 11:09 PM

Chinese herbal medicine

Hi, I know it's too early to make any conclusions but I was given some herbal medicine by someone who used to be a medical doctor in China. I'm a born sceptic and nearly threw it away, I even suspected it might cause more problems. Anyway, I brewed up a teaspoon of this stuff morning and night and sipped it like a cup of tea. (absolutely foul). It was only enough to last 5 days.

I developed a rash on my arms and body but overall started feeling a lot better. Curiosity got the better of me and I asked my GP for a blood test just to see what was happening.

Hb 97
Retics 119 !!!
WCC 2.4
Neuts 1.24!!!
Lymphs 0.4

These are the best results I have had in years. I have never had a retic count near the upper end of normal let alone above normal. This is so good that I rang and cancelled my blood transfusion booked for next Tuesday.

I know that this may just be a coincidence and perhaps transient but I hope it's the start of a permanent improvement.

Maybe I should open my mind to alternative therapies. I'm really impressed with this herbal medicine, I just wish I had gotten this chinese doctors' last name and address. She also did some acupressure and told me that it would only be a temporary feel good result. She was right. I felt better all that day, back to usual the next day and then an improvement every day after that as the herbs kicked in.

I'll let you know what my next test shows.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion