View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 06:33 AM

Hello Paul

Hello Paul,

Wow 4 years old. My son is 3.5 and I will say, a bruiser. My 22 year old takes a beating when he comes to visit. Yea, a small gap.

Let me say, first, don't sweat the small stuff. Dr.'s were guessing a year ago about my father, {now 77} until his bone marrow tests came back. They threw a few ideas around; however,the real proof was in the smears, almost 15 days after the marrow was taken. If you are diagnosed AA, than you are young enough to take on treatments that will keep you around for a long time. I have a customer that reads here, but does not post. Mid 40's, AML and did a transplant. That was 5 years ago, and he is looking great. Have another in his early 60's that went through the same last summer, was a rough go because of age, and he was a tad out of shape, but now, goes to the pool, and swims every day.

I have been helping take care of my father for some time now, but he was not eligible {candidate} for any repair, only management. I can say from the care giver view, that, (1) kids understand, my daughter almost 7, and (2}age is a BIG factor when beating this.

Paul, my prayers are with you and your family. I know being a father your first duty is family; however, I have learned from my fathers journey, help from others and sharing goes, a long way.

Keep the faith, and please keep us all posted. Oh, and Paul... Merry Christmas.

Scott
Always proud To Be SON OF BOB
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.