View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 28, 2008, 05:57 PM

Still no diagnosis

WEll the preliminary report from the BMB shows that I have no MDS/Leukemia/melanoma cells. Still waiting on the cytogenetics study.. ( sorry about the spelling). The Hemo did say however that my bone marrow is mildly hypocellular for someone my age.. I have also seen a Rhuematologist since then, and will do some more blood work tomorrow. I have told my Dr's that it appears my white count has been low normal around 4700-5000 for the last 4 years which leaves me to beleive that I have had a minor problem since then. When i asked my hemo about the hypocellularity, and Aplastic anemia, he told me that my blood work, nor my bone marrow were nowhere near that point. I go back to the hemo on the 16 of Jan, and I hope to have the other blood work from the Rhuematologist back next week. He is just looking at a few viral things, due to having some ulcers in my mouth, and a red spot over my left eyelid. He is also looking at the amount of calcium and uric acid in my blood due to the fact that I have passed several small kidney stones over the last several years. I told him that I feel strongly that the red spot on my eyelid, and the ulcers under my tongue are directly related to the low blood counts. Anyway, I will keep you all posted as I find out more.

God bless you all...