View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 13, 2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitta-A View Post
Hi King Farouk,
Good with Neulasta!

Here is a report about Dacogen (decitabine) after Vidaza (azacitidine) with an overall response rate of 28%. The drugs work in different ways though both are DNA hypomethylating - decrease methylgroups that silence tumor suppressing genes. I posted a very complicated article about the two drugs a few days ago at "News...".
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...28190701882146

About 25% of patients without the 5q- chromosome aberration respond to Revlimid. I don't think your father's bone marrow can tolerate both Dacogen and Revlimid - both decrease all counts in many patients.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Hello Brigitta,

Thank you for leading me to that article on Dacogen after Vidaza and for the tip on revelmid. I am curious however, your profile does not indicate that you are using either Vidaza or Dacogen whilst your knowledge is incredibly vast on all the available treatment options?! are you considering a BMT in the future?

Perhaps you can make me understand how our doctors quickly concluded that Vidaza had stopped working and would not consider it further while it was the drug of first choice that worked beautifully. In my humble non medical thinking I am suspecting that due to the persistent cytopenia, it induced a five week delay of the seventh cycle and ultimately reduced its dose. Could this make up a reason for the increase in Blasts and disease progression as shown in the latest BMB and be simply described as "vidaza starved" or its just not that simple?

Dad is proceeding to follow the doctors opinion and starting Dacogen tomorrow given both doctors on opposite corners of the world had reached the same conclusion. but i just cant help but wonder given what we had gone through the past year.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope you will beat this disease and if there is anything I can help from our part of the world please don't hesitate to let me know.