View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 7, 2015, 01:57 AM

Fasting - More Information, And do You Have More Information?

Hello. I got a copy of the paper from Cell. http://www.cell.com/cell-stem-cell/a...909(14)00151-9 Then two others from one of the researchers. I located 4 FDA Clinical Studies, but no useful results have been uploaded.

I want to see what CBC changes happen during a fast and time to recovery post fast, where chemotherapy is not involved so that I can affirm my personal protocol, which I outline below. As fasting should suppress white blood cell production, caution may be required during and maybe after fasting.

Is anyone else interested in trying this? If so we should talk. My individual case proves nothing. Why can't we crowdsource an informal clinical trial? However, it would be good to get more background information than I have. I have tried calling/emailing other researchers, including Dr. Longo, but he has not returned my calls - yet.

I am on cycle 2 of 72 to 96 hours black coffee only every three weeks. I drew blood while not otherwise infected or ill at the start so as to have a baseline. The next CBC willl be post cycle 4, then cycle 8. If the endpoint counts of my suppressed cell type are 8.3X what they were in the base line, I will consider this an effective therapy. My longest thus far is 83 hours. Day 3 is easy, for me. But, not so much for people around me!! Not last time!

I came to this forum looking for more knowledge. Those involved in the current and past clinical studies are unable to release any meaningful data. Poo.