View Single Post
Old Sat May 1, 2010, 02:27 PM

I was recently turned down by the VA for compensation for MDS. I stumbled onto the Marrow forum today and deide to join. Also, I contacted Senator John Cornyn of Texas about MDS and agent orange. I was in Vietnam from March 1970 to March 1971 and was exposed to agent orange many times. I was diagnosed with the diseas about two years ago. I appreciate all the efforts you have exerted and maybe the VA will finally get the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Macfarlane View Post
It is time for us to begin to think about going after the VA to make MDS a disease that is presumptive. Those of us that are 'Nam vets or supporting a 'Nam vet knows that this disease was caused by our service in Vietnam and exposure to Agent Orange.

Someone needs to be willing to accept the leadership and follow through on it. We need to begin to get other vets that were exposed to AO and now have AA or MDS or a complication from either to join into the fight. We need numbers and I am sure each of us knows at least one other veteran that was exposed to AO and now has a bone marrow disease.

For the present I am willing to start gathering names and carry the flag against the VA bureaucracy. I cannot do it all by myself. If there is not sufficient interest in the battle, I certainly will understand. As for myself, I believe I am now well on the way to being rated at 100%. I don't need the fight but am willing to participate.

You guys that were in country remember the importance of "body count?" The battle will involve the same. We need our brothers and sisters from the 'Nam that have this disease to be identified. We need the loved ones that have lost their vet to the disease to step forward and be determined that the loved one did not die in vain.

If you are not interested in the fight, just ignore this message. If you are interested in the fight just to make it a political issue, ignore this message.

If you are interested in the fight to help others, contact me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tim Thomas most recent.jpg (36.9 KB, 95 views)