View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 2, 2014, 11:20 PM

Hi, I suggest you contact the Leukaemia Foundation and request a support person. They are excellent and will put you on the mailing list for upcoming information sessions and brochures with information about MDS.

If you ever need to travel to Brisbane for treatment and need help, they can help with that too.

I don't know if they are having telephone forums this year but they usually have a forum once a month where, for the cost of a local phone call, you can talk to people all over Australia with MDS.

This is their free call number....... 1800 620 420.

There is also a website called Talk Blood Cancer with a section for people with MDS to post questions etc.

http://www.talkbloodcancer.com/

I can't answer your question about treatment. There are so many factors to consider....your bone marrow biopsy results, your blood counts, your blast count, your age, your general health, whether you can travel to Brisbane for treatment etc.

I think you have every right to ask for transfusions as often as you think you need them. The aim is to keep you comfortable and functioning well.

Do you know what your Hb (blood count) drops down to before you have transfusions now?