View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 8, 2010, 06:16 PM

I know!! I think what really hit home was when I had my 6 month BMB on Monday and my post-transplant nurse said, "well, just think, you won't have to have another until July!" and the thought of my next one being in the height of summer just blows my mind! (I don't know if it's made the news in the States, but the UK is in the midst of the harshest winter in like 20 years. It's a big even f we get snow once a winter, and we've had something like two weeks of consecutive snow and icy weather - in fact, the only reason I got a bed so easily today is that a bunch of patients for scheduled treatments couldn't make it in from the surrounding counties, bwahahah).

Any news on your end? Update your thread! And where's Vera, too? I think of us four summer transplantees (plus my Welsh friend) as a little survivor group...
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)