View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2018, 07:01 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyM View Post
I was 30 when the BMB was done I was told filgastrum has side effects I've been on it for 10 yrs. though my wbc rarely goes above 4 an I have continuous infections I was neutropenic .8 my wbc was 2.8 and plt 98,000 how much is the filgastrum suppose to increase your counts
Since you've been taking filgrastim for so long, it's clear that you're able to tolerate any side effects. The effects of filgrastim vary individually. The dosase is individual too, depending on your condition and your weight. If it keeps your WBC near 4 rather than 0.8, it's definitely helping, but having frequent infections means you are still at risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyM View Post
Just had my blood work done I've been off the neupogen since feb 29th
my wbc was 3.9 mar. 15th now 3.3, neu 2.3 now 1.3 was 70% no 38% plt was 155 now 132.
been really tired, and have a sore throat they want me to wait to take the neupogen until after my BMB April 16th.

My ANC going from 2.3 to 1.3 should I be concerned?
I'm a caregiver, not a physician, but I would be concerned if my counts were dropping like this. A single CBC test can't always be trusted, but if your counts are checked again and have dropped further, and if your ANC is still less than 1.5 (which is considered "mild neutropenia") then I'd ask for an appointment to discuss it rather than wait for results from a bone marrow biopsy that's still weeks away.