View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 15, 2015, 05:54 PM

Hi Hopeful,

Sorry to hear that you have also suffered from a relapse but thank you for your reply. This disease is such a roller-coaster.

The concern I have is that once you relapse that you are more predisposed to something much more sinister and/or if you do manage to respond to the cyclosporine that you will never actually be able to stop taking it.

My doctors are still convinced that the relapse is due to the reduced cyclosporine, in my case I also stopped taking birth control in December and had dropped the cyclosporine to 100 in November and then it was dropped again to 75 in January. Research does show that birth control impacts cyclosporine so it is possible that the reduced cyclosporine combined with stopping the birth control is why I relapsed but it is difficult to say to what degree the birth control impacted the cyclosporine. I had hoped that my results would have stopped falling given we increased cyclosporine to 200mg about 2.5 weeks ago.

Did you respond well and quickly to the ATG? Did you have ATG a second time or have you simply stuck with trying the increased cyclosporine? If you simply increased cyclosporine how long did it take for you to show a response? You indicated that you wish you had had the bmb sooner as it was an immune attack - are you able to provide more detail in this regard? I have been suffering from a minor cold which has been on and off since early February and my 2 young children have had the same thing for the same period of time. I have just started to take antibiotics as we thought it might be worth a shot. I have not suffered any fevers.

I look forward to hearing from you.