Thread: In memoriam
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 23, 2013, 07:09 PM
Owner

We could have a place for future threads about people we've lost from this community whether or not we find and include past threads.

I'm hoping to gauge the level of interest in having such a forum. Anyone who reads the forums long enough is going to learn of a death from these insidious diseases. People who read all the new threads each day will see these threads no matter where they are posted, so the difference in having a specific forum is that people will be able to seek these threads out after the fact and to see them as a collection. And I suppose they could also choose to purposely avoid the forum.

I've lost friends who I met in these forums and I want to pay as much respect as possible to them and their families. But would having an In Memoriam forum be too scary for newly diagnosed patients? People coming here for facts may appreciate hearing the honest truth that not all patients survive, but if it's the first forum they read would they be getting an overdose of the pessimistic side? Is it worth the risk to help us remember those who have passed?

Do others have opinions about it?