View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 19, 2010, 06:40 PM

Greg-

Hi Greg-, Sorry I didn't get around to the forum until today..... busy week here at home. Sounds like most of the side effects that one can have, you are experiencing. Makes my experience almost sound boring. The only problems I had were the rigors following first 2 doses, but I took the Demerol right away, and yeah, you gotta love those warm blankets. They are the best.

Mash, yes, he was the one who put in my PICC line. He gave me the $5 tip joke as well. Sorry experience with that step of the process wasn't so easy.

Interesting........ when I was on the trial, Dr. Sloand was PI and Dr. Olnes was attending. Now, they have switched. Dr. Olnes is who I always e-mail if I have any questions. Even now, 1.5 years after the treatment, he is always willing to answer my questions promptly and thoroughly. You are in great hands!

So, sounds like all in all, you are doing OK.

Too bad you had to have a roommate. I had my own room, which was very nice. My husband spent the night .... each night, and when he ran home for the weekend, my mom came to stay with me. But, in some ways, it might be good for you. You have 24/7 "company" as well.

I'm sure the rest of your stay will get easier and easier as each day goes by. Keep us posted. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm sure they'll have a special menu item on Thanksgiving.

Wishing you the best,

Lisa