View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 20, 2012, 09:18 PM

Dacogen user

Hello, Cheri, have had a good experience with dacogen. My only side effects have been constipation (controlled with senocot s) just for a couple days at the end of the treatment week; and the fact that the drug can affect the white counts; seems to be bringing mine down after each treatment, but they bounce back during the 3 weeks off treatments. But, I have been transfusion free for about 3 years now. May just have a couple sluggish days a month that only requires an afternoon nap! Also, my hgb and platelets have not been affected by the drug after the initital 3 months that it took the drug to become effective. I had heard, but may not be a fact, that the drugs vidaza and dacogen are very similar, but dacogen having slightly milder side effects. If you have any other questions re: dacogen, just send me a note! Take care!