View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 3, 2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathybee1 View Post
On another subject, have you had a urinary copper excretion test?
Hi Catherine!

I have not had this, though I have read a bit of the exchange between you and Chirley about it. Is the point to see whether I'm just dumping all the extra copper I'm taking? Fill me in on why I should have this.

Also, I know that you have done much more copper research than I have since I got sidetracked into immunosuppression land. But, as I say in a post I haven't quite finished yet, I'd like to get my RBC factory tuned up a bit. And I gather from your posts that Bruce sees a difference in transfusion requirements when his copper is in the 60s vs the 80s.

All the stuff I've read deals with extremely low copper mimicking MDS, as opposed to marginally low copper impacting transfusion requirements. Have you run across studies that look at the latter?

I have a feeling that, if I'm going to work on copper, it's going to have to be with my family doc.

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com

Last edited by Greg H : Sun Jul 3, 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: typo