Thread: New MDS patient
View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 08:45 PM

My heart is with you . . .

Dear Jill,

Welcome to this forum. Here you will find love and support. I am 47 and the daughter of a father with MDS. I started late in life and have two small children 5 & 6. I know it is hard getting a diagnosis like this but thank God in some ways it is coming when you are still young and can have a transplant. I have a friend who survived leukemia with one and since my Dad has been diagnosed, I am a firm believer in cord blood banking (please visit my site at cordofhope.com). I see what my Dad has gone through and we have all got to find a cure for this disease. My Dad was diagnosed in the 90s and I was so afraid he would not walk me down the isle or see my grandkids. He did all of that so please hold onto HOPE. He walked me down the isle and held each one of my children. Today they went to visit him and they amaze me because they are so good and loving with him, knowing he is sick . . .
I will pray you find a donor and that you find love here in this forum and most of all support. You keep thinking good thoughts and focus on those things you don't want to miss and fight, fight, fight. We are all here for you Jill so whenever you need to talk, get on this forum. We will stand with you in this fight . . .

Much love and if I was there I would give you a big hug . . .

God Bless,
Donna