View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 02:08 AM

Help for ATG related pain

Dear Debbie,
I received ATG treatment in Jan last year (horse) and suffered with joint aches and skin burns. I took heavy doses of Prednison which helped a lot and from time to time I took some tablets for joint pains described by my doctor. I bought a good cosmetic cream (vichy) from the chemist and kept my skin problems under control with that. The pains do get better even though at the time you think it will never go away... I am currently in hospital as I have just received a BMT yesterday afternoon and feel like a million dollars!!! Yes, quite amazing that I am feeling so good so quickly! In preparation for the BMT, I received another round of ATG treatment earlier this week (Rabbit) without any side effects... This time around I am also taking 110mg prednison intravenously per day, so I have no joint aches form the ATG.
Hang in there, it gets better, believe me... The cyclosporine is not a nice drug to take, but your body eventually starts to cope with it. I still have a feeling of tingling in my finger tips and toes particularly when I put them in water.
Try a good cream for your skin, I find it really works well.
Good luck!!
Nina