View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 29, 2015, 11:45 PM

Hi,

As Bailie had mentioned, you should get a copy of your CBC, flow cytometry, as well as cytogenetic report. I can try and put your BMB into simpler terms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal12 View Post
My bone marrow findings are: hypocellular marrow with an overall cellularity of approximately 30 percent ( I am 46 years old) with trilineage hematopoiesis;Toxic changes noted in neutrophils
You are low in progenitor blood cells (hypocellular) but your marrow is still making all 3 types of blood cells (trilineage hematopoiesis). Something is wrong with your neutrophils (a type of white blood cells) that may be due to toxic exposure (drugs, alcohol, chemicals, benzene, etc).

Quote:
bone marrow differential : absent iron storage 0/6 but sideroblasts appear increased, no ringed sideroblasts;
You are anemic and should probably discuss iron supplementation with your primary care doctor. You have no ringed sideroblasts, which is good, as this is seen with some forms of MDS. I don't know that the significance of increased sideroblasts.

Quote:
megakaryocytes appear slightly reduced with normal morphology).
Your platelets precursors are slightly reduced but they are normal looking, which is good.

Quote:
increased monocytes, reduced myelocytes, increased PMN mature;
Not sure of the significance of this.

Quote:
erythroid precursors appear adequate with normoblastic maturation and no significant dysplagia.
Your red blood cell precursors look good.

Hope this helps!