View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:11 PM

PNH and Aplastic anemia and pregnancy

Hi everyone I am new to this. late Nov. 2017 I was diagnosed with aplastic anemia and after two bone marrow biopsy and genetic testing we found out I have PNH. The PNH is what is causing my aplastic anemia. I started therapy immediately and started on ATGAM (which was horrible). I was finally release right after Christmas from the hospital. I am on cyclosporine and promacta, I found out now they want to start me on Soliris, the doctor also mentioned she wanted me to start thinking about a stem cell transplant which we "shall discuss next month". I am extremely concern, before I was diagnosed my husband and I were actively trying to have a child obviously we are not anymore. I am concern starting on soliris because once you start she said I have to be on it for life until a transplant. The doctor said the only cure to PNH is a transplant. I am 30 going on 31, I want a child and I do not want to have the transplant if it means I will not be fertile. After reading many journals and studies I want to talk to the doctor about getting pregnant before the transplant. Has anyone gone through this situation before?