View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 29, 2011, 05:39 PM

Results after ATG

Glad to hear you have had three ATG's and the encouraging thing is lots of folk here have had 6 or 7. The worst thing about AA or I guess lack of blood generally is the mental confusion. As long as they are still willing to give you another ATG I don't think you need worry. As to BMT it can be turned down particularly if just the thought of it is giving you a hard time. There are lots of people for whom it has been a cure. Unfortunately I am too old and risks way too great at nearly sixty so not even being offered one, which gives me a slightly different perspective. I had one round rabbit ATG November 2010 and no response despite two biopsies looking for response, but I am managing well on other people's blood and ciclosporin. My docs are very good and gave me extra blood when I was very down. It gave me my old life back for a few weeks, and it might be worth asking for a treat! How weird are our conversations. Really seriously value each day and don't look at what you've lost, look at what you've still got. Easy for me to say and hard to do, some days I weep for what used to be and what I can't do and no I am not going to suggest you take up knitting, but I hear tantric sex can be very restful! Keep strong in your head if nowhere else