View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 19, 2013, 06:58 PM

Hi Sherry,

Well the memory issues and blurry vision could be caused by a number of things, including aging, as you know.

I think it would be worthwhile mentioning these two symptoms to your husband's hematologist and mentioning that you had read that they could be signs of cyclosporin toxicity and tell him or her that you're concerned.

I'm sure the doc keeps the cyclo dose at a therapeutic blood level, however, every one is different. My son had a terrible reaction to tacrolimus (in same family as cyclo) and his blood level was never too high. It just reacted very badly to his blood vessels causing microangiopathy, which was what I was referring to re: memory/vision isssues.

A quick way to know your husband is tolerating the cyclo alright is to ask if there are any schistocytes aka bitten red cells in his blood smear.

The more you know...
Nicole, mom to Evan (20); diagnosed SAA November 2007, hATG mid-November 2007, no response after 6 months, unrelated 9/10 BMT June 2008, no GVH, health completely restored thanks to our beloved donor Bryan from Tennessee.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanmacneil