View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 24, 2012, 06:10 PM

One big thing with being diagnosed with AA is when she does get treatment, and for her after care, it is best to be at a facility that has experience with the disease. That way they know all the side effects of the treatment, what ever coarse she takes. And things to look out for. I'm going to assume that her white count and anc are low as well, so she needs to be careful to not go around anyone who is sick or in large crowds in general, and be careful with what she eats. All meats need to be cooked thoroughly and stay away from fresh veggies and thin-skinned fruit.
Basically, you are about to learn a lot. Be prepared to take in a lot of information. For every appointment you go to, bring a notebook and paper. I've been going to Mayo clinic every week for over a year and I'm still learning new things. This is a great site to ask questions and get answers from people who have dealt with this disease first hand. Good luck to your sister!