View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 4, 2016, 07:33 PM

Myelo Dysplastic Syndrome Support Group Meeting: Central Georgia

The first meeting of the Middle Georgia MDS Support Group has been scheduled for April 28th at the Central Georgia Cancer Center in Warner Robins, Georgia.

I am an MDS patient. I have had MDS for a year and a half. It is a fact that very few MDS patients know of any other individuals who have MDS. I recognize that physicians and treatment centers cannot give out patient information. However there is nothing wrong with allowing those who have MDS to arrange group meetings among ourselves to share and learn from one another about MDS.

The MDS Foundation is aware of this effort, and has offered us their support. The Cancer Center that I go to has given me their full support toward this effort. Yesterday (March 3rd) letters were mailed to four other Cancer Centers in Middle Georgia inviting them to participate by posting announcement posters that were included with the letter mailed to them. They were also asked to help by notifying each individual MDS patient to ensure that they are made aware of this effort.

Alone we may be part of a rare group of individuals, however when we band together to meet and share information among ourselves we all become stronger and wiser in our efforts to deal with MDS!

Please get involved. Establish your own MDS Support Group.