View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 7, 2011, 11:19 AM

Greg, No I do not know the status of my Telomeres, I got on this path from looking into what to do while in watch and wait mode. I knew and read about his study on telomeres but didn't make much of it as I figured it didn't have anything to do with MDS. I looked into what Bruce and Marla over at aplastic central did but could never really connect all the dots. What they are doing is very close to the ornish program, Bruce recommends macrobiotics and books by Sherry Rogers I could not figure out what the heck is going on with that but she does give a plug for ornish saying that is a good program. When I looked at doing something through diet Ornish kept popping up, so that's how I ended up on the ornish program. My thought process was that I didn't want to stir the hornets nest and this plan seemed like it was well thought out.

I originally was on a vegan tilt to his diet, trying to get the best of his plan and what was in the anti cancer book you suggested and the china study. But I have since added in eggs and no fat dairy, I'm pretty close to the Ornish reversal plan. I misunderstood some information on fruits and fruit juice for the first 5 months and was off the plan by a wide margin in that regard. Fruit on the ornish reversal diet is limited to 4 servings a day and I must have been at about 20 it took a while to sink in why that was bad but when I looked up the impact of fructose on the body it made sense. ( Both Marla and Bruce had posts to that affect but like I said it didn't hit me right away ) this video (http://www.uctv.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=16717) might be worth your time.