View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 9, 2011, 10:14 PM

Comments on Danazol:

I've been on it for two or three years. It took several months for me to notice any effect.

I have been able to reduce my cylosporine since I took it. Cyclosporine is hard on kidneys, but Danazol is hard on the liver.

It has the side effect of making red blood cells. That is why I take it. It is also why it is a banned substance for the Olympics. I no longer can have my Olympic dream, but I may be able to ride in the Tour de France.

I notice a slight increase in confidence and people who bother me since I've taken it.

Yes, I have "man boobs". But I already had them from the the large doses of prednisone and cyclosporine I took in the past. I'm sure my female hematologist here in Dallas secretly felt for breast cancer one time.

If these can slow the aging process, I'm hoping for the Benjamin Button effect to start kicking in.

Just be thankful that places like NIH have the interest and funds to study these things. All of this science may apply to more than just the areas we are familiar with.
Dallas, Texas - Age 81 - Pure Red Cell Aplasia began March 2005 - Tried IVIG - Then cyclosporine and prednisone. Then Danazol, was added. Then only Danazol . HG reached 16.3 March 2015. Taken off all meds. Facebook PRCA group https://www.facebook.com/groups/PureRedCellAplasia/