View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 21, 2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Z View Post
I forgot to mention that thanks to the Campath trial I did 2.5 years ago at the NIH, I am now going to get the experience of being a 1st time GRANDMA! While the "circumstances" are not ideal, (this wasn't planned; my son lives at home, his girlfrield splits her time between her house and here; both have low paying jobs; both are in early 20's), this is the reality of it all. It is kind of bitter-sweet for me. BUT the baby will be here in 5 1/2 weeks and I know I will be thrilled. It just makes me so nervous with them having a baby at this point with the lousy economy and I just hope I am around a long time to lend a hand.
Lisa,

Congratulations on the grandbaby! It's great to hear from you -- and I'm glad the IST is still working for you.

Donna J is right: babies can be transformative experiences, particularly if the young couple has a good support network. Marcy and I were married and had our first child as Juniors in high school. We're still together 37 years later. Both daughters are happy, healthy, and pursuing their dreams in the arts.

None of us is wealthy, but we are all happy, and we all still support each other.

Good luck!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com