View Single Post
Old Sun May 14, 2023, 06:12 AM

Thumbs up 6 years post transplant, doing well.

Hello everyone,
I hope you all are doing well, both patients and caregivers. My 6 years post transplant is coming up, and I am doing very well. I am only taking vitamins, probiotics, and sinus meds. I have chronic sinusitis, my fault, I didn't wear masks when I was gardening or going out, so the sinus never got treated properly turning it into chronic, though it can be managed with meds by my ENT doctor, not the transplant team anymore. So not complaining about it.
I've been in remission for 5 years, my counts are very good, and I don't think my hematologist even looks at my counts anymore.

I've taken all my shots, from Tdap, MMR to Shingles, my COVID shots too. Tomorrow I have a flight, a cross Atlantic flight, and I'm not nervous like I used to be.

However, I've changed my eating habits, I don't like raw food even sushi or sashimi, I like to drink hot tea than iced drinks. I don't like group gatherings and I like to be by myself more, I still don't like shaking hands, hugging, maybe I'm still afraid of catching germs my new abnormal
Thank you John, hope you are doing well, too, and all my friends on this forum, especially Neil and Ruth, thank you and wishing you all the best.
Meri