Thread: Small Defeats
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 6, 2012, 05:11 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmonster View Post
Hi All

Saw Hemo today ..... starting 5th cycle of Vidaza this week ..... he says Vidaza has NOT been a 'smashing success' and that I need to go to a 'higher community' which can help.... in this case , I will be going to City of Hope in about 4 weeks to see if they have any 'brilliant' ideas.... Dr. keeps mentioning Bone Marrow Transplant ... ( I'm 60 years old and in good health other than MDS/CMML ). BMT sounds SO daunting....anybody out there gone thru it ? Or did you choose a chemo approach instead ??? So discouraging......
Thanks for any thoughts.....

Ann
Ann,

I'm sorry you didn't get the smashing success you deserve. I hope you see better results in the next few weeks. It's hard to decide when to conclude that Vidaza isn't working well enough to continue.

The good news is that the hematologists at City of Hope are excellent and they will be able to give you recommendations for what to do. Your overall good health gives you more options, including the possibility of a "mini-transplant" without all the heavy chemo and radiation, if a matched donor is identified. You don't have to rule any choices in or out for now.

Are you still going to need the surgery you asked about last month?