View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 16, 2009, 09:50 PM

Horrible night

Last night was really bad for Nellie. She looked so good when I left about 7 pm. I find out she had really cranked up the fever level to 103, during the night. They had to ice her down. This morning I arrive at bout 10 am, she is not in her room. She is down in radiology having her pick line removed from her right arm, the one that was bleeding, a new periphial access above her left wrist and another pick line stuck in her upper left arm. They brought her back to her room about noon, and she was a mess.

She told me they had to give her two bags of platletes and bring her temperature down before they could cut her. The idea was to place a port in the chest, they did not. Instead, another pick line. I just am not happy. But this is all temporary. A port still will be placed later on. How much later, who knows. Maybe after the next pick line. Hopfully they get it right, this time. Atleast Nellie is much improved tonight. At least she was feeling even better then last night. No temp, pressure good feeling peppy. Hope she stays that way. Keep up the prayers, they must be working.

Thanks Brigitta, you too Vera.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.