View Single Post
Old Sat May 29, 2010, 01:42 AM

questions

My questions were all health and diet-related, which the doctor didn't know anything about...I asked since petroleum products can be a cause of AA, should skin care products with petroleum or mineral oil be avoided? Also, I wanted to know if preservatives such as potassium or sodium benzoate mix with Vitamin C in foods, create benzene, which can make AA worse? I also wanted to know if he knew of anyone with AA being helped by certain foods, such as pomegranate juice (one of Dr. Andrew Weil's AA patients resolved her AA by drinking it) or hindered (dairy, tahini, cranberry, ect noted in a University of Oklahoma's recent study). He knew nothing, and said that he didn't think what we consumed would have any effect, I beg to differ (....Why did all the people that have conquered cancer (Max Gerson Institute) do it with diet? I feel like doctors don't look into the nutrition aspect, because its not paid for by drug companies. I think drug companies WANT people to be sick...
Linda, 47 yo, married, mother of a teen, moderate AA w/ TERC mutation (2007 NIH), Pulmonary Fibrosis 2010, was on Danazol study (Aug 2011-2013 & restarted 9/14/15), last transfusion May 2011. On Promacta now. Needing a double lung and stem cell transplant.