View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 10, 2015, 11:17 PM

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that your husband hasn't had much improvement in his counts. My wife, Claire, is also reaching her 6 month mark post her 2nd ATG. (She received her 1st horse ATG in Nov 2011 and went into remission with counts near normal. But she relapsed in Oct 2014 and received 2nd horse ATG). She is on 200mg Cyclo + 200mg Promacta (started after ATG at 25mg and increased to 200mg)

However, her counts are not so encouraging either. Platelet once hit 24K but has gradually moved downward. Latest count is 13K. ANC is around 800~900. HGB is constantly dropping but very slowly. Her last transfusion was in early Feb.

We know that some people take more than 6 months before they start to see solid response, but we too are getting tired waiting. We have started looking at BMT option now. Claire has 9/10 match donor.

What is your husband's absolute reticulocyte count? Claire just measured hers and it is now at 45 which is within normal range. I don't understand why these baby red cells are not maturing. Also, Claire's bone marrow biopsy in Feb showed that her bone marrow has shown significant improvement. She was below 10% when diagnosed but now it is at 40%. Yet, her counts are still not moving....I really wonder why.

David