Thread: Response to ATG
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 13, 2010, 01:43 AM

Hi Leung,

Her ATG response seems similar to mine. A week after ATG, my HGB was at 11, but fell back down. I got my last RBC transfusion at 1.5 months post-ATG. My HGB slowly rose after that. Likewise, my ANC went up and then back down at 1.5 months. It took me 1.5 months post-ATG to be transfusion free for my platelets. They stayed in the 30k's for another 6 months. Then at around 7 months post-ATG, my counts began their sloowww rise. I have been on cyclosporine the whole time, and my doctors think my delayed response is because the cyclosporine is finally working, as the ATG is long gone.

My doctors also thought that my initial response to ATG was disappointing. I don't. I believe it killed off enough of the rogue T-cells that my marrow could start repairing itself, with the aid of cyclosporine.

I would wait the 6-9 months. Hopefully, she'll see an improvement soon. Is she still taking cyclosporine?