Thread: Response to ATG
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 9, 2011, 06:21 AM

Thank you all so much for your sharing. Susansr, your case is really similar to my niece. Are you now considering doing 2nd round ATG? Our doctor has not really talked about the next step. He said to wait for until 6 months post ATG. He lightly mentioned doing 2nd ATG before in response to our enquiry, but he seemed not too worried with my niece’s current counts, though the progress is not encouraging. It is now close to 5 months post ATG. Her ANC has more noticeable improvement (stay at around 2 for about a month) but platelets has recently dropped and has been hovering at 30+ for two months, and still need RBC tx. We have consulted another doctor who seemed of the view that if one starts responding to ATG, the rate of improvement should be quite quick. He also briefly mentioned repeating ATG, but no earlier than 6 month post 1st ATG. So we are now still “watch and wait”. I do not know whether increasing cyclosporine dosage can help (now 200 mg/day), and will ask our doctor in the next appointment. Hopeful, it’s nice to know that you continue to get improvements. This has given us a hope that perhaps my niece may be able to achieve slow but continuous improvements. Lisa, your sharing is useful. I wonder why your doctor doubled the dose in 2nd ATG. Isn’t it that there is a protocol, with the dosage somewhat calculated according to a patient’s body weight?