View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 11, 2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose mcmillin View Post
I am so saddened to hear of your Dads experiences. This disease is such an unpredictable syndrome. My husband is also Raeb-2 and had to stop Vidaza because of low platelets. He missed 5 weeks and his doctor just started him on it again. I really won't know anything about his counts until Monday, and will share them with you then. I don't know if the Vidaza has helped or hurt him this time. However, please remember that not everyone reacts the same nor follows the same course with mds. Take care, Rose
Thank you Rose for your kind words and support. The downward cycle of Vidaza is effecting the HGB, WBC and Platelets and in my opinion is marginally worse than we started therefore the demoralizing aspect and the loss of quality of life. I wish to investigate Brigitta's link with the new drug Promacta and also neupogin for the WBC and Neuts. I hope we both can figure something out very soon.

Lets keep each other updated.