View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 30, 2013, 01:00 AM

Honey I think your State Super is different to my State Super. (I was with Q Super).

On my income protection you could apply to work a certain number of hours a week and have income protection make up the difference to full time hours. (I wish i had the forethought to do that instead of going part time). I'm pretty sure you could use the income protection intermittently but bear in mind that there is probably a waiting period each time. In my case two weeks and 3 months in your case.

You can always apply for sickness benefit from Centrelink to cover the gap but I think it takes a long time to come through, its not much money and there's quite a bit of paperwork involved. I really don't know. Up until I was placed on DSP I had never had a Government benefit in my life. I even missed out on any First Home Buyers Grant or even tax concessions. I did receive the $900 incentive payment that everyone got to boost the economy, paid for my new fridge (almost).

Hope to talk with you on the 11th September. There's usually about 5 or more people on the phone forum from all over Oz. (plus the moderator of course)

Regards

Chirley