Thread: Our Food
View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 25, 2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
Can you pass on the recipe? My gut can't handle Ensure at all. I had to drink a can once for a GI test and I was so bloated and distended for days. I felt awful. Would love an alternative for times when my weight drops off (like now).

Laura
I used a whey protein powder which may or may be an issues for you. Let me check it out. But the basic recipe was rice milk, plain protein powder, coconut oil, blueberries, cranberries, banana, a bit of organge juice and then I would add in some nutrients if needed. I would spice it up cinnamon at times. I know others here have some good recipes too. My goal was to get some good protein and fat into the system and keep the sugar down. Berries are a good choice for that and frozen works well. Banana is loaded with sugar but has the potassium as does orange juice. Coconut oil (expeller pressed and organic a must) can be utilized for energy right away and has anti-microbial properties. It's a medium chain fat and is easily digested.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.