View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 21, 2010, 06:38 PM

Got my additional blood results back nothing out of the ordinary. Had time over the last few days to read a lot on this forum and do some research, what a nightmare MDS is and any other blood disorder for that matter that affects the blood counts. My counts are trending sideways right now, can't really figure out if they drop off suddenly or what the time frame for MDS's progression is. I asked for all of my test results and found a hand written section where Myeloblasts are .5, it also said normal male karyotype. I had a run in with eosinophilic facsitiis 5 years ago and that is associated with a host of blood disorders. This board has a lot of good information on it, but it is a lot figure out. I asked the doctor if i could try prednisone(figuring it knocked down the EF 5 yrs ago and is used for mds) but he said it might mask whats going on. I hope this isn't a train wreck in slow motion.