View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 8, 2010, 07:42 PM

Thank you Helen and Birgitta.

I've calmed down a bit now. My haematologist looked ill. I asked him if he was okay and he said he had "a nasty virus". As much as I felt sorry for him, I also thought of myself being closeted away from people for weeks trying to avoid what he was exposing me to. I think he should at least have worn a mask.

I have made the decision to attend the nearest public hospital with my blood results and see if I can get an opinion on whether the haematologist is correct in not treating the neutropenia. This way I get a 2nd opinion, my GP will be more reassured and if my haematologist is right then he won't be aware that I got another opinion. If he's wrong then I will have started the ball rolling to find another haematologist.

When I got home from day care yesterday the neighbours had put the fence back up in a very temporary way. It's certainly no longer dog proof. I will have to wait for a time when they aren't drunk to approach them and ask them if they have a plan for replacing the fence the way it was. I hate not being on good terms with neighbours and this could turn into a very tricky problem. I just have to keep my dogs in the house all the time or be with them when they go outside, it's frustrating but the only solution at the moment.

PS I feel great after my transfusion.

Health and Happiness
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion