View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 7, 2013, 07:29 PM

I have had low white cell count (around 1-1.5) for 8 years. Just a few ideas for natural remedies which I find help to keep me off antibiotics most of the time:

1. Take a 5000 mg Echinacea capsule if you feel the slightest hint of a sore throat, avoid foods containing sugar, and continue taking echinacea as advised on the packaging until you no longer have this symptom.

2. Take L-Lysine at the first hint of a cold-sore and continue taking as advised on packaging until you have relief.

3. Take Cranberry capsules 10,000 mg at the first hint of a UTI and continue taking until the symptoms go.

4. Oil pulling is very helpful for mouth ulcers and for well-being (see http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org...%20pulling.htm)

I used to get lots of infections. By doing the above I've been able to ward off heaps. I believe the gamma globulin infusions I have 4-weekly are also very beneficial.

All the very best!
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.