Thread: CMML
View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 26, 2008, 10:19 PM

Wendy V

Hi.... nice to touch base with someone. I am a 64 yr old female, raising a grandchild, extremely fit and healthy, no symptoms. BUT on 1/11/07 I was told I have CMML. Since then, I have been to 3 Haematologists... all confirm the diagnosis, and all say "watch and wait" I am finding this soooo hard! I have quit work, and thrown all my energies into trying to understand and deal with this disease. because I feel healthy and have no symptoms, it is quite surreal to me, and I have plummeted into depression.... just grappling with the concept has been overwhelming. The fact that there is neither chemo, surgery or radiation, has led me to believe my health is in my own hands. I feel as though someone has 'pointed the bone' at me. They say you are what you think: well, I have always believed I was strong, healthy and would live an active long life. Suddenly the medicos are saying" Nope!! That's not for you! You've only got a few years left". I am reluctant to believe them.
I have only told a few very close friends: those I think can actually help me.... with meditation etc. Have not told my daughter, whose child I am raising.
I will send some details of my recent blood results next posting. Nice to talk to someone!
Wendy