Thread: LOW White Count
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 18, 2011, 02:38 PM

Hi Cheri,

Cheri, I just tried calling you at home, I left you a message. Seems like you have been going through so much lately.

My mom is still on the Onconova trial. Although she really hasn't been able to stay on schedule lately with so many set backs. As far as I can see, this trial has helped her bone marrow, with her last biopsy showing normal blast. But it really hasn't helped her blood. Still transfusion dependent (about every 7 - 10 days) as well as platelet dependent. She now has severe GI issues w/ ulcers and bleeding that is causing her blood to dropped constantly. She has been in the hospital 3 times (5-7 days as a time) within the past 6 weeks. She has had enoscopy's done each time trying to fix these issues. She also ran a fever 2 weeks ago and was rushed to ER and admitted (fever was up to 102.7). She was admitted to hospital today because platelets have dropped and rbc dropped and she needs to have a tooth pulled. They want to observe her and see if DDS will pull in hospital instead of office. She also may need another scope. I don't see how she can go under every other week for scopes with her body wearing down. The good news is that she looks and feels good. So with all these things her trial is always being put back. She is supposed to go for another bone marrow biopsy Wednesday, but we shall see.

I don't know if this is all part of the disease or not. I feel her body is breaking down and her GI is her weak spot. She is trying hard to fight this and I can see she is feeling a bit defeated. We pray and we are always by her side to support her in every situation.

Please let me know if I can do anything for you. If you would like to speak w/ her trial Dr. I will be happy to give you her contact information.

Keep the faith Cheri. We are all here for you as well.

Paula