View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 15, 2013, 01:32 AM

Re: the Cyclosporine, is she taking 350mg 2X daily? Cyclosporine is usually given in 2 doses daily 12 hrs apart. Drs like to keep the trough level at between 200-400 depending on certain factors. This is tested at least once weekly an hour prior to the next dose. Yes, they should be checking your moms Creatinine and BUN as well as her Magnesium levels. Cyclosporine (CsA) can deplete her of magnesium. If you don't mind me asking, what brand of Cyclosporine is she on?

I'm wondering if perhaps since she hasn't had an official diagnosis, the Cyclosporine is given to her to see if indeed her case is Auto Immune related and if this might help correct the problem to a certain degree? Hope she gets a diagnosis soon so that you can find the direction you need to go. In the meantime she needs to try to stay as healthy as possible via hand washing and just being careful in general.