View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 15, 2013, 03:21 PM

Hi Hopeful, Thank you...my mom is my best friend. I'd rather hang out with her than any of my friends. I would do anything for her and this has just spun our whole family for a loop. I believe they did base her dosage on her weight...that is what they said they were going to do. I would think they would understand the difference between pounds and kilos...at least I hope so. She has been dx several times in the last 3 weeks. ITP, CLL and then AA. Then she went to Yale and the doctor there said he wasn't so sure. Friday was a panel discussion at Yale to discuss her symptoms and to look over her labs and hopefully come up with a dx. She had blood work today and her platelets were at 9. That seems to be her go to number. She is always at 9 and then she gets a transfusion. I am more than determined to get another opinion. We only live about an hour from Boston and the Dana Farber Institute which I have heard is excellent. I will research NIH as well. Thank you for the info and I will keep you all posted.